Company Description: The CSO is a dynamic ensemble of some of the world’s finest musicians. The CSO is the umbrella organization for the Cincinnati Symphony and Cincinnati Pops Orchestras, presenting more than 100+ concerts and events annually. A thriving organization with a growing support base of audiences and contributors, the CSO is the cornerstone of the Cincinnati arts community and an anchor cultural institution in Over-the-Rhine, with additional summer performances at Riverbend Music Center.
The fifth oldest symphony in the United States, the CSO has achieved international critical acclaim and an operating budget that consistently places it among America’s top 10 orchestras. The CSO serves as an ambassador for Greater Cincinnati to the world through national and international tours and an extensive Grammy-winning recording catalog, with over 10 million recordings sold worldwide. At home, the CSO was rated #1 in customer satisfaction and value among all Greater Cincinnati arts and entertainment venues, according to a 2010 independent study conducted by Northern Kentucky University.
Position Summary: Position Summary: The Digital Communications Manager effectively manages digital communication assets for the Cincinnati Symphony and Pops Orchestra and May Festival, including the organizations’ websites, mass emails, social media accounts, streaming, digital downloads and other online video and audio services. This individual is also responsible for creating online content (written copy, photography and video production) and graphic design. The CSO Communications Department works closely with staff across all the organization’s departments to ensure best-in-class communications throughout. The Digital Communications Manager reports to the Vice President of Communications.
* Ensure the Orchestra has an industry-leading website
* Inform and implement a web strategy for each season, as set by the Vice President of Communications.
* Design and update the website as needed using the content management system.
* Manage relationships with website vendors including hosts, ecommerce providers and outside designers/coders.
* Maintain the site integration with ecommerce mechanisms, and update as necessary.
* Integrate metrics and social media tools to be certain the website content is being fully utilized and leveraged.
* Leverage other communication assets (Fanfare Cincinnati program book magazine, Prelude Videos, Annual Report, recordings) on the website.
* Create micro-sites for special projects.
* Proactively work with departments across the organization to ensure the website is supporting their goals and furthering the CSO’s mission, vision and values.
* Capture and share stories from throughout the organization through articles, interviews, photography and videography
* Photograph many concerts and events in and around the community.
* Capture and edit video in and around the community, observing union rules and regulations.
* Conduct musician, guest artist, donor and audience interviews for digital content.
* Ensure digital content is attractive and easily shared via social media.
* Serve as Project Manager for mass email communications
* Design attractive, user-friendly templates and assist other departments in the creation of mass emails.
* Deploy emails based on a schedule determined by a cross-departmental working group.
* Distribution of digital communication assets
* Ensure content is being shared throughout the organization’s social media channels.
* Share video content with available distribution channels including public video boards.
* Assist with social media account management, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
* Help to ensure artistic leadership is well represented in the social media world.
* Design graphics for digital assets including the website, mass emails, social media posts and online videos.
* Assist the Vice President of Communications with strategic planning and budgeting. Work to control expenses and meet budget targets.
* Serve on the project team for the Fanfare Cincinnati recording label, ensuring the Orchestra’s recordings are being properly leveraged locally, nationally and internationally.
* Work toward increases in concert attendance and giving.
* Regularly attend CSO and Pops concerts and events, fully assisting media partners, and serve as an advocate for the organization among key stakeholders.
* Special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Communications.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Evening and weekend hours are required.
* Expertise with web content management systems, including templating and installation (WordPress, Drupal).
* A background in graphic design and knowledge of different platforms (Photoshop, Illustrator).
* UI design expertise with a responsive framework is a must.
* Experience with photography and photo editing, and the ability to carry camera and lighting equipment and shoot photos for long period of time.
* Expertise in social media platforms.
* Experience with videography, editing and other aspects of video production, and the ability to carry video camera and lighting equipment, as well as shoot video using a handheld camera.
* Ability to both climb ladders and squat down while using camera equipment
* Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of emerging communication technologies.
* Experience working with a variety of personalities in team situations.
* Background in or working knowledge of classical music preferred.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Music Hall 1241 Elm Street Cincinnati, OH 45202 Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.