Company Description: The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO), which also performs as the Cincinnati Pops, is one of America’s finest and most versatile ensembles. With a determination for greatness and a rich tradition that dates back over 120 years, the internationally acclaimed CSO attracts the best musicians, artists and conductors from around the world to Cincinnati. With new commissions and groundbreaking initiatives like LUMENOCITY, One City, One Symphony, and the Music NOW Festival collaboration, the Orchestra is committed to being a place of experimentation.
As Cincinnati’s ambassador, the Orchestra has toured extensively, sold millions of recordings, and reaches millions more annually through radio and television broadcasts. As Cincinnati’s own, the Orchestra’s impact extends far beyond CSO and Pops concerts at Music Hall to the schools, places of worship, and neighborhood centers of a vastly diverse community. The Orchestra also elevates Cincinnati’s vibrant cultural scene by serving as the official orchestra for the Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati May Festival, Cincinnati Opera and Cincinnati World Piano Competition.
Position Summary: The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the accounting office, including, but not limited to, responsibility over accounting, general ledger reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll entry. Under general supervision, the Accounting Manager will perform a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with accounting procedures and checks and verifies data for completeness and accuracy. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Controller to ensure that CSO and subsidiary/partner organizations have the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
Finance and Accounting Leadership
- Provides overall accounting for the CSO, subsidiary and partner organizations
- Completes accounting functions in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures
- Assist with event setup, payment processing, settlement, reconciliation and reporting
- Prepares, reviews and enters daily cash receipts and prepares invoices as needed
- Prepares event reporting, forecasting/budgeting and special reports
- Reconcile payroll to the general ledger on a regular basis including allocation of all wages and taxes appropriate to each event
- Reconcile payroll deduction and employee benefit amounts and prepare payment submission documentation
- Participates in monthly general ledger reconciling and closing
- Analyzes general ledger activity and proposes adjustments, as needed
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments
- Maintains credit card accounts, including reconciling credit card statement(s)
- Prepares and files various Federal, State and Local governmental reporting and payment forms on a regular basis
- Participates in the annual audit, as needed
- Assists accounting personnel, human resources, Controller and CFO as needed
- Ensures the work area is clean, secure and well maintained
- Maintains all corporate documentation, correspondence, insurance and financial files in an orderly systematic manner
- Other duties as assigned
Reporting Relationship: The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller.
Qualifications: This is an extraordinary opportunity for a professional accountant with a minimum of four plus years of accounting experience. Other qualifications include:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree required
- Experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks or similar software
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Cooperative attitude and willingness to learn and assist others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage time in order to meet important deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of discerning and maintaining confidentiality of information
- Ability to organize, evaluate, and present information effectively in writing and verbally
- Nonprofit experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits:The Accounting Manager position garners a competitive salary. The CSO offers generous benefits including; medical, dental, long term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, health savings account, 403(b) participation and employer contribution, and the opportunity to work for a financially stable nonprofit organization.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Accounting Manager" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.