A Nouveau Winter Recital
Sunday, February 9, 2014 │ 4:00 PM
Carmel Presbyterian Church
3549 Reading Road, Avondale
Free and Open to the Public
Presented by: CSVA Multicultural Awareness Council (MAC) and the Queen City (OH) Chapter, The Links, Incorporated
You’re invited! Join us for a musical celebration in this 45-minute program showcasing diverse works of classical and contemporary music. A meet-and-greet complimentary post-recital reception will be hosted by the Carmel Presbyterian Worship Committee. For more information, please contact Community Engagement and Diversity at 513.744.3254.
Mix some musical talent with a little moxie and a lot of Mozart and what do you get? A highly acclaimed middle and high school chamber music group CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players, a program of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. Comprised of African-American middle and high school string students, these students successfully auditioned for the group and perform locally.
Designed to be a springboard for careers in classical music, CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players have performed as pre-concert entertainment at CSO concerts and at numerous community gatherings. CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players is an important part of the CSO’s commitment to diversity and education.
CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players is a program of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra's Sound Discoveries: Music for Career and is made possible by The Corbett Educational Endowment. The program, under the direction of local artist Marion Peraza de Webb, is sponsored in part by the Queen City Chapter of The Links, Incorporated national Signature Arts Program, Classics through the Ages.
For more information, call CSO Community Engagement and Diversity at 513.744.3254.
Meet the 2013-2014 CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players:
· Matthew Adams, violin, age 14, freshman, Home schooled
· Allyssa Early-McCullom, violin, age 15, junior, The School for Creative & Performing Arts
· Janise Hambrick, violin, age 17, junior, Colerain High School
· Christopher Huggins, violin, age 14, freshman, Mason High School
· Edna Pierce, violin, age 15, junior, Fairfield High School
· Eva Pierce, viola, age 13, 8th grade, Fairfield Middle School
· Olivia Richardson, violin, age 17, senior, Wyoming High School
· Alexandria Sloan-Harper, violin/viola, age 17, junior, Princeton High School
· Haleigh Willingham, violin, age 15, sophomore, Fairfield High School
· Tamaiya Wilson, violin/viola, age 17, senior, The School for Creative & Performing Arts
· Myles Yeazell, cello, age 15, sophomore, Walnut Hills
In addition to the above performers, we are also pleased to have Erin Pierce, cello, age 13, who is shadowing the program this season. Erin is a student at Fairfield Middle School